Hostels: I stayed at Fulano Backpackers which is closer to Chapinero. There are lots of hostels near La Candeleria but they sound a little crazy / unsafe at night. Chapinero and Usaquen are cool neighborhoods which are definitely more safe and have good restaurants and bars.
- Bruto – this was a block away from my apt so the terrace became a cool hangout spot. Lunch picks up around 1:30 and their speciality is supposed to be the corn / tomato soup in addition to their fish (I got a fried chicken sandwich… oops)
- Bogota Beer Company – many locations around the city. Hit or miss on the beers. Lagers were subpar (kolsh & helles) but wheat beer and red ale were good (the latter is available at most good restaurants around the city)
- Abasto – delicious spot in Usuquel. Ordered the pescado abasto which is fish cooked in plantain leaves and it was incredible. Cocktails were tasty too.
- Teatro – really awesome gay club in chipinero Alta. On the weekends they have four floors with all you can drink deals. Drag queens abound.
- Monserrate – the best activity in bogota in my opinion. You can take the train (until noon), the tram (after noon), or if you’re feeling sporty the climb is around an hour. I opted for the latter and it was pretty brutal but rewarding in the end.
- Museo Oro – fairly interesting. costs less than two dollars so you’re not giving up much by exploring.
Hostels: Not a lot of good options here. I stayed in El Viajero and met some really good friends but it was hot and the accommodations were not very good. Good AC, cheap beer, and lots of fun crowds made it all worth it though.
- Café Del Mar
- La Cevicheria
- Donde fidel
- Rooftop bars around the bellower and yellow gate or Havana Club
- Playa Blanca
- Rent a Bike
- Trip to Santa Marta/Tayrona Park – camp at Cabo San Juan
- Walking Tours
- Would recommend staying near Parque Lleras. Happy Budha is the party spot with lots of Europeans. I stayed at Los Patios which is super new and had good beds + privacy in the dorms. Would recommend for sure.
- Restaurant El Cielo
- Mondongo’s El Pablado
- La Piedra
- Botero Statues
- Paraglide over the Andes
- Jardin Botanico
- Parque Lleras and the surrounding nightclubs are major key for nightlife.