Guide to NOPA – The Epicenter of Cool*
Updated – March 2020
Things to Do
- Alamo Square Park (Steiner St & Hayes Street) – Green space with a playground, tennis court & views of the city’s iconic painted Victorian houses.
- EMPORIUM (616 Divisadero St.) – Bar with retro video games & live music.
- NOPNA: Find volunteer opportunities, attend general meetings, or check-out our block party.
- THE INDEPENDENT (628 Divisadero St.) – Intimate (capacity is 500 people), no-frills music venue with a full bar that features indie & emerging acts.
- 4505 MEATS (705 Divisadero St.) – Butchery and BBQ joint with a massive woodfired grill and patio.
- ALAMO SQUARE SEAFOOD GRILL (803 Fillmore St.) – Romantic neighborhood gem serving French-influenced seafood for over 20 years.
- BAR CRUDO (655 Divisadero St.) – Modern raw bar serving pristine oysters and creative presentations of raw fish preparations.
- BARVALE (661 Divisadero St.) – Tapas, spirits & Spanish wines in a casual, colorful setting, from the team behind Beretta & a Mano.
- BEAN BAG CAFE (601 Divisadero St.) – Casual local favorite, serving breakfast, sweet and savory crepes, sandwiches, beer and wine since the 90s.
- CHE FICO (838 Divisadero St.) – Cozy, bustling restaurant serving California-inspired Italian cuisine.
- LITTLE STAR PIZZA (846 Divisadero St, San Francisco, CA 94117) – Popular pizza joint known for their deep-dish and thin-crust slices.
- NAMU STONEPOT (553 Divisadero St.) – Self-described “CaliKorean” eatery serving stone pot rice bowls, ramen, and sisig.
- NOPA (560 Divisadero St.) Very popular upscale restaurant specializing in organic wood-fired cuisine.
- NOPALITO (306 Broderick St.) – Mexican kitchen celebrating the traditional cookery of Mexico, focused on purchasing local, organic and sustainable ingredients.
- RAGAZZA (311 Divisadero St.) Neighborhood restaurant featuring Neapolitan-style thin crust pizzas, seasonal salads, and antipasti in a casual, convivial setting
- SOUVLA (531 Divisadero St.) Extremely popular fast-casual Greek restaurant serving roasted meats over sandwiches and salads.
- THE LITTLE CHIHUAHUA (292 Divisadero St.) Counter-service Mexican restaurant serving tacos and burritos.
- THE MILL (736 Divisadero St.) – Coffee shop serving a simple menu including coffee, toast, and pizza on Tuesday-Saturday nights.
- BAR 821 (821 Divisadero St.) – A welcoming, dimly lit, dive with refreshingly intriguing spirits offerings.
- FOOL’S ERRAND (639 Divisadero St, San Francisco, CA 94117) – Cozy wine bar with some of the best wine selections in the city.
- HORSEFEATHER (528 Divisadero St, San Francisco, CA 94117) – Low-key tavern for New American plates & eclectic cocktails in a space with vintage American style.
- MADRONE ART BAR (500 Divisadero St.) – Neighborhood-favorite dive bar with constantly changing art on display and for-sale. Ask for “The Lemmy!”
- THE PAGE (298 Divisadero St.) – Rustic dive bar with a large selection of beers.
* New York Magazine: A Day Out in Divisadero, San Francisco’s Epicenter of Cool (Article)
Credit: Much of this was sourced from The Independent’s Neighborhood Overview; one more reason to check-out a show there!